Monday 13 October 2008

Beating the Binge and the Bulge - My first day back on the horse after Bloody Monday!

Well, it's not quite the end of the day yet so im cheating slightly, but only a little bit! I figured if i do my blog now then i should be done by a reasonable time in the night and can get a better nights sleep before the builders, and my grandma (!), arrives tomorrow.


Well today has all been about getting back on that metaphorical horse and working extra hard to keep on up that hill rather than give up and fall into a weeks binge - especially so near to my weigh - in day! I wouldnt forgive myself!

I have managed to carry on today as if yesterday didnt happen. The only problem is once you succumb to a binge, your body suddenly craves the foods more because it knows they are avaliable. So a binge doesnt always calm your cravings, it can agravate them. Thats why going 'cold turkey' can be a better way of doing things.

So, i woke up at 1pm and through this, managed to avoid mums inviatation to a meal out at a pub with the family. I would have loved to go but i just couldnt have another tough day not after yesterday, otherwise my whole week would crumble into another partial sucess.

I spent most of the afternoon finishing the placecards (you're probably wondering how many ive got to do, given the amount of times ive said i was doing placecards! lol). I was also watching a film which probably meant i got distracted a few times. I emptied all the binge food rubbish from my room and then moved things around the kitchen to make it look as though id had lunch. I did, however, have a meduim pot of sugar free jelly for lunch.

I chewed on gum the rest of the afternoon. My family got home around 4-ish and i finally finished the cards. Then i watched another film until 6.30pm when i really couldnt wait for my tea any longer, otherwise i knew i would over-do it and binge. I asked my family when they were eating and we arranged another 30 minutes before tea. It was just a matter of self will and control. So at 7pm i cooked myself half a soup. Into it i added a single packet of peas and runner beans. I ordinarilly wouldnt have done it, but i wanted to make it seem i was eating enough to my family (despite the fact they could have looked at the cals and seen that the veg was only 35kcals, it was bulk they could onyl see). Other reasons include my huge stock of veg that is rapidly going out of date in the fridge! bummer!

Afterwards i quickly went upstairs to avoid being around for pudding. When my family came up to bed, i decided it would be wise to have a low fat hot chocolate because the binge feeings were still kicking in. Damn them! So i did and hopefully i will deny them and go to sleep early before i have anything.

So thats pretty much it, ive only got one day now until weigh-in so ive just got to hold off till then. I weighed myself this morning and was pleasantly surprised so im hoping nothing will change (apart from more loss!) by tuesday.

CALORIE SECTION:

MEAL FOOD CONSUMED CAL

Breakfast
Nothing 0kcal

Lunch
1 med pot of sugar free jelly 9kcal

Tea
1/2 winter soup 163kcal
individual portion of veg 35kcal

Snack
2 x sugar free gum pieces 10kcal
low cal hot chocolate 33kcal

Drinks
2x pepsi max 2kcal
2xglasses of water w lemon 1kcal

CAL INTAKE TOTAL 253KCAL

EXERCISE SECTION:

Try again later...

Bye Bye and speak again tomorrow!

Poppy

No comments:

Post a Comment